Pitched as “a visual novel with light RPG elements and point-and-click gameplay,” you play as Princess Dam and will set out in search of Elftopia – a magic and happy place that was once free and open to all but can no longer be accessed.
With Princess Dam’s apprentice Roland the BraveCat at your side, you must journey to find this lost promised land – overcoming the King of Terrors and his army of evil monsters who stand in your way.
“This coming-of-age, elf-tastic adventure was dreamed up as an escapist fantasy during the early days of the pandemic,” Meringue Interactive explain. “It’s a reflection on the feelings of isolation brought upon by lockdown, but with a hopeful, lighthearted outlook and optimism for the future.”
The developer has outlined the game’s features as below:
- Five-hour-long, story-driven adventure;
- Point-and-click exploration for casual and intuitive gameplay;
- Pre-rendered graphics in the vein of 90’s classics, but with current-gen polish;
- Explore four miniature worlds and sixteen mini-dungeons that, small as they may seem to us humans, are wondrous expanses for a little elf;
- Decipher the mystery of the magi balls, and employ their power to achieve total victory;
- Fight an assortment of evil monsters, each more monstrous than the last.
About An Elf will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 10th February 2022.