Nintendo of America has confirmed the differences between The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U and Nintendo Switch.
These had been shared as key facts about each version in a statement sent to IGN, and, as The Legend of Zelda series producer Eiji Aonuma had shared at E3 2016, shows that the “same experience” will be available on both consoles.
The differences between The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on Wii U and Nintendo Switch, are:
- Both launch on the same day, March 3.
- Both have a frame rate of 30fps.
- Both versions of the game offer the same content.
- On a TV, the Nintendo Switch version of the game renders in 900p while the Wii U version renders in 720p.
- The Nintendo Switch version has higher-quality environmental sounds. As a result, the sound of steps, water, grass, etc. are more realistic and enhance the game’s Open-Air feel.
- The physical copy of the Wii U version will require 3GB of available memory on the Wii U system or an external drive.
- Some icons, such as onscreen buttons, differ between the two versions.
- A Special Edition and Master Edition of the Wii U version are not available.
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild will release exclusively for Wii U and Nintendo Switch on March 3rd worldwide.