This is pitched as “a detective adventure set in an alternate steampunk-ish Victorian past,” in which you play as former police detective turned private investigator Miles Fordham.
With his former partner constantly speaking to him from beyond the grave, Fordham’s grip on his sanity is slowly loosening. He must find justice for his clients and track down his partner’s murderer before his entire world falls apart around him.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Be the detective you want to be. But prepare to face the consequences. – Investigate crime scenes, interrogate suspects, get information by any means necessary. Follow the law or make your own rules, but how you choose to act will affect people’s attitudes towards you.
- Five cases to solve, with multiple suspects, false leads, and different outcomes. – Never find yourself stuck in a dead-end situation. If the case becomes unsolvable, simply move on to the next one. The story will adapt based on your choices.
- Single tap interface with no inventory. – Gather clues and documents in your casebook for review.
- A fictional city with four boroughs to explore, each with its own unique flavour. – Players will visit each of these boroughs throughout the game, exploring themes such as class divide and the public’s fear of emerging steam tech.
- Inspired by the works of Edgar Allan Poe and Charles Dickens.
- Meet over 50 professionally voiced characters.
- Original score by Mark Benis.
Lamplight City will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 2nd June 2022.