THQ Nordic and Bugbear Entertainment have revealed that Wreckfest is coming to Nintendo Switch
The demolition racer comes to the portable home console with an up-to-16-player online multiplayer mode and a “constant” 30 frames-per-second. Promised to be “jam-packed with upgrade and customisation options,” you will be able to kit out your car with reinforced bumpers, roll cages, side protectors and more.
The publisher has broken down the game’s features below:
- Unique Racing Experience: Exhilarating no-rules racing action with defining, once-in-a-lifetime moments that can be achieved only with a true-to-life physics simulation. Witness insane neck-to-neck fighting on high-speed circuits, face total destruction madness on crazy courses with intersections and oncoming traffic, or go for demolition dominance in derby arenas.
- Awesome Cars: Our cars are old, banged up, patched together… They ooze style and character! From old American heavy-hitters to agile Europeans and fun Asians, you won’t find anything like this in other games.
- Meaningful Customization: Change not only the look of your cars but also upgrade their body armor – Reinforce them with heavy iron that protects you from damage, but also adds weight, which impacts the cars handling. Modify your car to make a robust tank or a fragile but lightning-fast rocket, or anything in between!
- Multiplayer: Wreck your friends online and take racing to the limit while chasing for demolition dominance!
- Challenge modes: Have hilarious fun with crop harvesters, lawn mowers, school buses, three-wheelers and much more!
- Career Mode: Battle for championships, earn experience, unlock new upgrades and cars, and become the all-time Wreckfest champion!
Wreckfest will release at retail and on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Fall 2021.