PHL Collective is the developer behind this all-new open-world action-adventure game, in which you can play as fan-favourite superheroes Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman in an effort to defeat the trickster from the 5th Dimension, Mr. Mxyzptlk. With the ability to manipulate space and time (and also really enjoying pranks), he has summoned Starro the Conqueror to keep the Justice League busy while he appoints himself the new Mayor of Happy Harbor.
With the chance for two players to team up in local multiplayer, you will need to battle your way through action-packed missions and defeat hordes of enemies using each hero’s unique abilities – from Superman’s Heat Vision and Super Breath to Wonder Woman’s Truth’s Pull.
You will be able to fly, lasso and flip across Happy Harbor completing puzzles and unlocking outfits and special upgrades to customise the DC Super Heroes, with the chance to interact with other Justice League members – Green Lantern, Cyborg, The Flash and Aquaman – who make cameos throughout the game.
“Working alongside DC and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to bring DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos to life has levelled up the Outright Games portfolio,” enthuses Outright Games CEO Beth Goss.
“Fans love the ultimate ensemble team, The Justice League, which is why we are excited to include Mr. Mxyzptlk in this game’s story. Mr Mxyzptlk creates such a fun narrative for players to enjoy, as he thrives on bringing mischief and mayhem to Happy Harbor. We wanted to create an adventure that honed in on the character traits of our Super-Villains, allowed players to experience iconic super powers while also creating a fun experience for younger audiences to be introduced to the Justice League universe.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Unite Against Chaos: Suit up as Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman and take on some of the most powerful Super-Villains in the DC universe with DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos.
- Become Happy Harbor’s Hero: Wield iconic moves like Superman’s Heat Vision plus powerful Elemental Attacks.
- Embark On Heroic Side Missions: Hunt for clues that lead to villains, bounties, and secret locations.
- Collect And Upgrade: Unlock costumes and Artifacts of Justice including Raven’s Cloak and Green Arrow’s Bow.
- Instant Action Mode: Play with friends or family in 2 player couch co-op Instant Action Mode and have the freedom to explore Happy Harbor, the home of the Justice League.
DC’s Justice League: Cosmic Chaos will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 10th March 2023.