Konami has released another software update for Super Bomberman R, that now sees the explosive multiplayer game on Version 2.1.
This introduces the new Checkpoints rule in Grand Prix mode, adjusts some special abilities, tweaks rules, implements bug fixes and throws in some new accessories for the in-game Shop.
It also adds new characters that, most notably, has seen David Hayter return to voice Solid Snake Bomber and Naked Snake Bomber.
Hideo Kojima had somewhat controversially chosen to replace the voice actor with Kiefer Sutherland for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes. But, as well as Super Bomberman R, Hayter will also lend his voice for the character’s return in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
There are new Metal Gear stages to place bombs on, and other characters include Ebisumaru Bomber, Vic Viper ZERO Bomber and Xavier Woods Bomber, among others.
Super Bomberman R Update Version 2.1 Patch Notes
- The Grand Prix mode now has the new “Checkpoints” rule.
- Players scramble for areas known as “Checkpoints” in the stage. Occupied checkpoints provide a certain amount of point every 10 seconds. At the end of the round, additional points are given for the occupied checkpoints.
- Three types of Metal Gear stages have been added for you to enjoy the Checkpoint rule.
- New characters are available in the shop:
- Solid Snake Bomber
- Naked Snake Bomber
- Raiden Bomber
- Bill Bomber
- Lance Bomber
- Vic Viper ZERO Bomber
- Ayako Katagiri Bomber
- Ebisumaru Bomber
- Xavier Woods Bomber
- New accessories have been added.
- The mercy invincibility when characters revive in the Grand Prix is lifted when a bomb is placed.
- The rules for accomplishing a perfect in Grand Prix have been changed:
- In Crystal, a perfect is accomplished when you possess all the crystals in the stage for 15 seconds.
- The special abilities of the following characters have been adjusted:
- Shiori Fujisaki Bomber: Lag after activation 1.0 sec → 1.3 sec, stun time 2.2 sec → 2 sec, recharge time 5 sec → 8 sec.
- Dracula Bomber: Lag after placement 0.5 sec → 0.3 sec, duration 30 sec → infinity, bomb speed 6 → 6.6
- Goemon Bomber: Smoke now appears when special ability is activated.
- Princess Tomato Bomber: Special ability can be interrupted by pressing the button again.
- Various other small bugs have been fixed.