The game follows the adventures of SOLDIER 1st Class Zack Fair on his mission to discover the whereabouts of the missing-in-action SOLDIER Genesis Rhapsodos. That quest will also let you witness earlier moments in the stories that surround characters such as Cloud Strife, Sephiroth, Aerith, Tifa and more.
“This new version enhances the graphics to HD and updates all of the 3D models in the game,” the publisher explains. “Full voiceovers and new music arrangements present this epic tale of strife and heroism, presenting Final Fantasy VII in a brand-new light. Enjoy a more beautiful and accessible Crisis Core, going way beyond just a simple HD remaster.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- All graphics fully remastered in HD, bringing the game to the latest console generation
- Renewed 3D models, including characters and backgrounds, enriching the visual experience
- Improved battle system providing a vastly smoother gameplay experience
- Fully voiced dialogue in both English and Japanese
- A newly arranged soundtrack from the original composer, Takeharu Ishimoto
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII Reunion will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 13th December 2022.