From the developer behind Curse of the Dead Gods, the fallen heroes of old folk tales and legends must unite to confront the hordes of Nightmares that are invading, destroying and corrupting the world of Reverie.
The developer has introduced the first six heroes in the game:
- Based on the tale of Little Red Riding Hood, Scarlet made short work of the Big Bad Wolf in Ravenswatch. Like all those suffering from lycanthropy, she transforms according to the day-night cycle, and her skill set changes depending on her form. During the day, she deftly wields two daggers; while night-time brings out her brutality and thirst for blood.
- Franz is the Pied Piper of Hamelin. He uses his Nightmares-corrupted instrument to control a swarm of rats. Using his devastating melodies, he can weaken enemies from range while staying out of harm’s way.
- The famous Goth king Beowulf bonded with a baby dragon while trying to save his people from the Nightmares. Armed with a heavy two-handed sword, he can summon his flying companion to boost his attacks and block the enemy hordes.
- Based on the famous Snow Queen fairytale, Nyss has lost her healing powers to the Nightmares. She uses her new killing powers to glide freely around the battlefield, slow enemies and riddle them with ice spikes.
- Aladdin is the famous hero of One Thousand and One Nights. As his wife is trapped in the corrupted lamp, Aladdin takes up arms and confronts the Nightmares to lift the curse. He is an agile melee fighter who can grant a wish for wealth, life or death to override the outcome of a fight.
- Inspired by siren legends, Melusine is infamous for having drowned many humans. Just when she falls in love with one of them, the Nightmares arrive. As she flees, she realises she is carrying the child of her lover and vows to do anything to save her baby. Wielding a devastating magic orb that can guide her wherever she wants, Melusine fights from range and can dive into the ground to escape enemies.
The publisher has also outlined the game’s key features as below:
- An exciting roguelite that can be played solo or in co-op with up to four players
- Art design inspired by Dark Comic Books and rousing music
- Procedurally generated environments and meta-progression for increased replay value
- Multiple synergies to create between the different heroes through the party system
- Upgrades and an extensive enemy bestiary
- A complete RPG experience with quests, missions, bosses, dungeons and loot to upgrade your character and weaken the Nightmares
Ravenswatch will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in 2024.