Pitched as “a cute ‘clear the screen’ modern-arcade game,” up to four players will be challenged to overcome 100 handcrafted levels to recover the missing golden blend.
With five different game modes – Story, Battle, Endless, Speed Run and Replay – you must capture critters in either Mercy or Mayhem Cloudies, before rushing over to pop the Cloudie to remove them from the screen.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Capture & Karma System: spit cloudies to capture critters and pop them away. Swap between Mayhem and Mercy cloudies to earn special bonus items.
- Unlockable characters: play as 1 of 16 wacky and adorable characters, each with a unique skill set.
- Unique Boss Fights: challenge ten unique critters in a battle – each inspired by a fruit.
- Unlockable Game Modes: become a Smoothcade pro and unlock game modes such as Boss Rush and a “no continue” intense mode.
- Accessibility: outline players, enemies and objects, dim backgrounds, set auto-attack, and more!
Smoothcade will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide “later this year.”