Having never been released in Europe before, you will have the chance to set out “on an epic adventure that transcends time and space.”
The JRPG follows Serge, who stumbles into another world and learns about the connection between his existence and the future of his planet. With more than 40 potential party members, each character brings their own element affinity and unique skills to battle encounters.
Now remastered for a new generation, the game has refined illustrations from original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, remastered music from acclaimed composer Yasunori Mitsuda and other additional features.
That will include Radical Dreams: Le Trésor Interdit, that is described as “a text-based adventure video game released for Sattelaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story.”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- 3D models converted to HD;
- Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki;
- Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda;
- Switch enemy encounters on or off;
- Background filter feature;
- Battle enhancement features;
- Auto-battle function;
- French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added;
- Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font;
- The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West;
- Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics (The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together).
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 7th April 2022.