The painterly puzzle-platformer was first released on Xbox 360 back in 2008 and challenges players to manipulate the flow of time as they journey through worlds to rescue an abducted princess.
Each world grants you a different power to affect the way that time behaves, seeing you use the ability to rewind, encountering objects that are immune to being rewound, time that is tied to space, parallel realities, time dilation, and more that you need to overcome.
It comes to the portable home console with changes and updates to the original release, which include:
- Improved sound and new mixes and variants of the soundtrack by Martin Stig Andersen (Control, Inside) and Hans Christian Kock
- Hand-repainted graphics by David Hellman
- All-new animations for smoother in-game motion
- Ability to switch back and forth between the old and new Braid on the fly
- Extensive developer commentary
There has been a goal to deliver “the most extensive and detailed commentary” offered in any game. You will be able to listen to the development team lend their insight on puzzle design, programming, visual art, math, history of independent games and many other topics.
Braid Anniversary Edition will be released digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 30 April 2024.