Bit Boy!! ARCADE Update 1.1 utilises New Nintendo 3DS
Bit Boy!! ARCADE has this week been treated to Update 1.1, rolling out support for the hardware advancements introduced by the New Nintendo 3DS.
Now available to players in North America and Europe, this makes improvements to the camera control, a head-tracking camera option, support for 60 frames per second, and gameplay enhancements. Whereas seasoned players can enjoy Round Hill, a new bonus level where players are challenged to revive all Pixel Flies to reach the portal.
Developer Bplus has given a rundown on exactly what’s been changed, as follows:
– New Title Screen.
– Completely new Bonus Level Round Hill offers 3 phases to play and comes with a brand new music track.
– New Cinema Construct for watching all the sequences again.
– Improved Camera Control: Look around using the Circle Pad or C Stick*, Hold L- or R-Button to zoom.
– New intuitive Head-tracking-Camera activated by ZL/ZR: Look around the corner by moving your head.*
– 60 frames/second support on main screen and in the Construct level hub.*
– New ShadowMan design and animation for a better visibility.
– Get an 1UP extra life by reaching a score of 400,000 in a phase.
– The EASY MODE can now be activated at any time without having to lose 2 lives in a phase.
– After you have beaten the boss you can now enter any single Rainbow Run or Boss phase.
– New info screen during sequences recommends use of headphones and informs about how to skip the sequence.
(*Feature only available on New Nintendo 3DS)