This story-driven action RPG is “driven by deep hack-and-slash and twin-stick shooter-styled combat and a rich choice-led narrative.”
You play as Avril – an unlikely young hero and the last hope of a dying Earth – who must travel between planets, on which she will have the chance to meet peculiar characters and explore “colourful and diverse” sci-fi fantasy environments.
There will be important decisions to make along your journey, which may have far-reaching consequences and will shape Avril’s personality for the remainder of the game. To ensure her survival, you will need to fight, think on your feet and master the game’s Nature Switch ability – balancing your mental and physical fortitude to overcome environmental puzzles.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Action-packed interplanetary adventure: Join a fantastical journey across the universe to explore alien worlds, meet a variety of unique beings, and uncover the secrets of the galaxy.
- Unique polarity switching mechanic: Harness the dual powers of Sun and Moon to overcome rewarding environmental challenges and vanquish deadly enemies.
- Branching story with multiple endings: Your choices decide the fate of the universe and those who inhabit it. Consider your actions and forge your path in an epic, interplanetary tale from a Writers’ Guild award winner.
- Fast-paced, multi-layered combat: Leverage the power of mind and body in frenetic battles against fantastical creatures and unearthly foes.
- Intricate puzzle solving: Put your mind and body to the test to solve otherworldly challenges.
- Retro sci-fi art style: Explore colourful and diverse alien landscapes with hand-painted visuals inspired by 1950s retro science fiction.
Batora: Lost Haven will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 20th October 2022.