This story-driven action RPG is “driven by deep hack-and-slash and twin-stick shooter-styled combat and a rich choice-led narrative.”
You play as Avril – an unlikely young hero and the last hope of a dying Earth – who must travel between planets, on which she will have the chance to meet peculiar characters and explore “colourful and diverse” sci-fi fantasy environments.
There will be important decisions to make along your journey, which may have far-reaching consequences and will shape Avril’s personality for the remainder of the game. To ensure her survival, you will need to fight, think on your feet and master the game’s Nature Switch ability – balancing your mental and physical fortitude to overcome environmental puzzles.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Action-packed cosmic adventure: Embark on an enthralling sci-fi journey across the stars to explore alien homeworlds, interact with a variety of unique beings, and uncover the secrets to save a dying Earth
- Reactive, non-linear storytelling: Your choices decide the fate of the universe and those who inhabit it. Consider your actions and forge your path as Conqueror or Defender in a rich, choice-driven story designed by a Writers’ Guild award winner
- Fast-paced ‘hack-and-slash meets twin-stick shooter’ combat: Leverage the power of your mind and body in frenetic, multi-layered battles against fantastical creatures and otherworldly foes
- Unique ‘Nature Switch’ mechanic: Balance your mental and physical powers to solve rewarding environmental challenges and overcome hostile adversaries
- Beautiful retro sci-fi art style: Explore colourful and diverse alien landscapes with hand-painted visuals inspired by 1950s retro science fiction
Batora: Lost Haven will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Autumn 2022.