X Plus Games and Sonzai Games have confirmed a release date for their retro-inspired adventure-platformer Bat Boy on Nintendo Switch.
Ryosuke isn’t just your regular high-school kid. He’s Bat Boy! He and his sports-star friends secretly battle against interdimensional mage Lord Vicious’ evil forces, who is hellbent on hosting sinister athletic events for his own amusement.
After Lord Vicious brainwashes Bat Boy’s squad to participate in the Trials of Darkness, it is up to Bat Boy to journey across a hostile world to free the minds of his teammates before they fall victim to the Trials.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below, which include:
- Traverse glorious, nostalgic 8-bit backdrops.
- Engage in exciting baseball-style combat.
- Explore a vast world of unique and exciting environments, ultimately leading to a showdown with one of Bat Boy’s brainwashed allies!
- Take on the powers of each ally as you free them from the influence of Lord Vicious!
- Hum and bob your head along to high-octane chiptunes from Evader Music, composer for Smelter and Super Sami Roll.
- Battle dozens of enemies and exciting bosses, and encounter intriguing companions!
- Find hidden secrets, collectibles, unlockable music, and more!
Bat Boy will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 25th May 2023.