Set in a world that has fallen to the Wildfrost, you must build a deck of “charming companions and powerful elemental items” in an effort to take it back.
With the small civilisation of Snowdwell and the remaining survivors left as the final stronghold against an eternal winter, you must rely on your strategy and card building skills to reach the Sun Temple in order to banish the Wildfrost once and for all.
You will have the chance to recruit new card companions and gift them charms to enhance their powers on your quest to lend an upper edge in battles. Returning to Snowdwell after each run, you will work to rebuild the town, unlock more cards and encounter new challenges and events.
“Wildfrost is such a fun take on the deckbuilding genre, combining challenging strategic roguelike gameplay with an incredibly cute aesthetic! You can’t ever truly be mad when an army of deceptively cute Pengoons stops you in your tracks,” explains Chucklefish marketing and publishing director Katy Ellis.
“We’re thrilled to be able to announce initial localisation plans for Wildfrost too. It’s always a joy to see people from all over the world play our games, and we hope to expand the language list ahead of launch even further. We’ll be keeping a close eye on the Steam wishlist data to see which languages the community are most interested in!”
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- A perfect mix of deckbuilding and adventure, Wildfrost lets you test your card battling skills as you fight to banish an eternal winter.
- Pick your ‘Leader’ from a variety of different tribes that offer randomised stats and skills.
- Utilise the ‘counter’ dynamic system to gain the upper hand against foes and frosty monsters!
- Each encounter will offer new cards and a new way to tackle each battle. The way you strategise each fight is up to you!
- Endless replayability with new daily challenges and runs.
Wildfrost will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide in Winter 2022.