BAFTA announce first-ever ‘Inside Games’ showcase
The British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA) have announced that they have organised a new event, Inside Games, a showcase of the latest games that is open to the public.
This will take place on Wednesday 12th March at the Tobacco Dock London and acts as a pre-Awards event to the British Academy Games Awards, which take place later that evening and for which public tickets are available for the first time. The event will include a series of BAFTA-curated talks with leading game developers, as well as the independent games-focused Inside Games Arcade.
Tickets to Inside Games are available for £12 in advance with a limited number available on the day, whilst tickets to the British Academy Games Awards (which include access to Inside Games) are available for £30. These can be purchased through this link.
BAFTA have shared the list of Inside Games exhibitors, who include:
* Deep Silver – “The Koch Media’s gaming label will be showcasing the post-apocalyptic sequel to Metro 2033, Metro Last Light, on impressive HD super-screens.”
* Electronic Arts – “One of the world’s leading global interactive entertainment software companies, EA will be showcasing the hotly anticipated multiplayer game Titanfall on Xbox One ahead of its release in spring.”
* Jagex – “Europe’s largest independent games studio are bringing multi-award-winning fantasy MMORPG RuneScape to the party. The world’s longest-running MMORPG, with over 220 million registrations – it will be pitting players against each other in a brand new mini-game. RuneScape design director and BAFTA ‘Young Game Designer’ mentor, Mark Ogilvie, will be present to talk about the game.”
* Microsoft – TBA
* Namco Bandai Games – “Showcasing the highly anticipated sequel to the punishing 2011 breakout hit Dark Souls, Dark Souls II, releasing March 14th 2014.”
* SEGA – “One of the world’s leading global interactive entertainment companies will be showcasing titles from its leading brands including Company of Heroes 2, Football Manager, Total War and Sonic the Hedgehog.”
* Sony – TBA
* Valve – “The company behind several of the world’s most award-winning games and Steam, the pioneering game platform that distributes and manages thousands of games directly to a community of more than 65 million players around the world, Valve will be showcasing the first ever Secret Shop to appear in London. A wide range of t-shirts, beanies, baseball caps and microplushies will be available at the Secret Shop, some of them packing exclusive digital items for games such as Dota 2, Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, Team Fortress 2 and Portal.”