With a week left for us to fine tune our engine, Nintendo have at last revealed the content that they have packed within Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2.
This will add another three new characters (Villager, Isabelle and Dry Bowser) and four new vehicles (City Tripper, Streetle, P-Wing and Bone Rattler), but we’ve been given a thorough rundown of the eight new courses. And it’s magnificent.
Split between the Crossing Cup and Bell Cup, the adrenaline-pumping kart racer will add retro courses Baby Park (GCN), Cheese Land (GBA), Neo Bowser City (3DS) and Ribbon Road (GBA), as well as new additions in the F-Zero inspired Big Blue, Super Bell Subway, Wild Woods and the Animal Crossing course.
Nintendo provide a rundown of the new courses as follows:
– Animal Crossing: A special Animal Crossing inspired course that changes season – spring, summer, autumn, winter – each time you race.
– Big Blue: A remastered version of Big Blue from the F-ZERO series.
– Super Bell Subway: Navigate an underground subway, and watch out for oncoming trains to reach the finish line.
– Wild Woods: Drive up and down a giant tree inhabited by Toads and Shy Guys and experience a mysterious landscape.
– Baby Park (GCN): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Double Dash! – prepare for a chaotic course comprising 7 laps.
– Cheese Land (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – full of cheese-themed obstacles and even a hungry giant Chain Chomp.
– Koopa City (3DS): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart 7 – drive through the pouring rain at night in a city controlled by Bowser, and decked out in dazzling neon lights.
– Ribbon Road (GBA): High-definition remake of a course featured in Mario Kart: Super Circuit – set in a miniaturised world packed with ribbons and toys.
It’s more exciting to see it all in action rather than read about it, so enjoy the multiple videos that Nintendo have released below!
The Animal Crossing x Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2 will release worldwide on Thursday 23rd April.