Set in a dystopian world plagued with mystery and loss, you play as None, a cyber bike riding, grapple hook-wielding hero who is on a mission to find and rescue his family. That will challenge you to make “vital narrative choices, navigate torturous terrain and face off against some ferocious foes.”
Pitched as “a story-driven action game with boss fights on wheels,” you must tear your enemies apart using your grappling hook to rip out their metal hearts to recover the memory of a loved one and equip your cyber bike with a new ability – whether that be to increase the power of the grapple hook, mount a rail gun on the back or to deploy enemy-seeking drones.
The developer has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Family Comes First: Experience the story of a broken family, and the trials and tribulations of putting it back together.
- Grip and Tear Until it is Done: Use your cyberbike’s grappling hook to tear apart intimidating bosses of all shapes and sizes, each representing a different stage of grief.
- Meet Kat-Kit the Cat: Your childhood stuffed animal is alive and…sassy? Kat-Kit is here to cheer you on and help you upgrade your bike to the max.
- Apocalyptic Acclamation: Explore post-apocalyptic cyberpunk biomes which will form a vast world to travel through.
- Love the Smell of Burning Rubber: Speed your way through intense tunnel riding tracks; dodging hazards and pitfalls at breakneck speeds.
- Sounds of the Future: Enjoy an entrancing blend of visual splendor and synth beat sounds that immerse you in a truly alien world.
Gripper will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide on 29th March 2023.