This “charming strategy RPG” has been built around a unique “pinch, drag and drop” real-time battle mechanic.
Set in a fantasy realm, you can customise your party of students from more than 10 different races from the Elves and the cat-like Felpurr to Diabolos and the angelic Celestia. You must manage their weapons, armour and accessories as you guide them to victory against monstrous hordes.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Join Alex and his friends in a gripping narrative adventure: The Continent of Pedra is in the midst of a serious crisis. The entire nation is slowly transforming into a labyrinthine dungeon with monsters roaming the lands. When Alex’s father – principal of their school, ‘Obsidian High’ – goes missing, it’s up to Alex and his party of academy friends to track him down!
- Drag, drop and battle, in real-time: Strategically guide your team to victory on a grid-based, real-time movement system. Pick up and reorder your party to protect the main character, Alex, as you traverse around the map. Your team dives into battle whenever they get close to an enemy – so make sure you’re constantly in formation!
- Meet 10 unique races: Recruit up to 6 students for your party! Give them names, choose their gender, manage their equipment and customise their stats to suit your play style! There are 10 different races available: Human, Khaluz, Felpurr, Bahamoon, Gnome, Diabolos, Fairy, Celestia, Dwarf and Elf!
- Face gargantuan monster bosses: Each stage features gargantuan boss monsters with varying abilities and attacks! You’ll have to guide your party properly… or face being wiped out completely!
- Equip, upgrade and manage your party: Manage and customise weapons, armour and accessory slots for each of your teammates. Save up enough gold by completing levels and take weapons down to the laboratory for special, custom enhancements!
Adventure Academia: The Fractured Continent will release at retail and digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch worldwide later this year.