Set against a 1970s backdrop, this experience is “part rhythm game, part interactive art” and explores the connection between music and memory as its central theme.
There’s no text or dialogue – the entire story is told through the game’s original music (influenced by bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Air) and distinct animated art style.
You will have the chance to relive the memories of a young man called Gabriel, as he comes to terms with his situation through rekindling his musical memory. Each melody that you correctly play opens a new chapter into his past and will bring him closer to the truth.
The publisher has outlined the game’s key features as below:
- Rekindle Gabriel’s memories with rhythmic button presses in time with the music;
- Storytelling without words – discover Gabriel’s journey through music and visuals alone;
- Gabriel’s story comes to life through a beautifully crafted art style created by Alexandre Rey;
- A unique original soundtrack featuring 26 songs, composed and performed by Charles Bardin and Valentin Ducloux;
- Play every song perfectly to unlock a hidden chapter.
A Musical Story will release digitally on the Nintendo eShop for Nintendo Switch on 3rd March 2022.