The latest IDG data released by GameStop has revealed that the active European games console market consists of an install base of around 150 million units.
Of those, 114 million are current-generation machines that are still on the market with both the Nintendo DS and Wii holding the majority with 46 million and 24.9 million units respectively. Such figures were as of December 2010, so may have risen slightly since.
The full breakdown is as follows:
– Nintendo DS, 46 million units
– Nintendo Wii, 24.9 million units
– Sony PSP, 14.8 million units
– Sony PlayStation 3, 14.7 million units
– Microsoft Xbox 360, 13.7 million units